The Plex for Windows app is the recommended method of connecting to a Plex Media Server to stream media files. While you can stream from a Web browser, browsers have streaming limitations that aren't present in the Windows app.
The system requirements for installing and running the Plex for Windows app are as follows:
- Windows 10 or higher
- 64-bit Intel or AMD processor
- How to Create Playlists
- Outlines the steps needed to create a new playlist, or a smart playlist, in the Plex for Windows app.
- How to Change the Remote Quality
- Explains step-by-step how to change the remote quality when streaming video over the Internet from a Plex server.
- How to Create a Smart Collection
- Explains step-by-step how to create smart collections in Plex for Windows.